Hunter Hydrogen Symposium 2-3 AUG 2022
With the Hunter poised to establish a thriving domestic and export hydrogen industry, the Hunter Hydrogen Symposium will bring together leaders across government, industry and academia to explore the most recent developments, challenges and opportunities across the Hydrogen sector.
About the Symposium:
- The Symposium will take a deep dive into the significant hydrogen opportunities underway in the region
- The Symposium will showcase significant hydrogen projects, investments and initiatives in the Hunter
- Participants will hear from government, industry and community thought leaders on topics that are driving the region toward realising the vision outlined in the Hunter Hydrogen Roadmap
- The event will spotlight projects and initiatives that are driving greater economic growth, industry collaboration, research and innovation and increased public and private investment.
At the conclusion of the symposium attendees will have:
- Boosted understanding of hydrogen industry and trends
- Learned from and connected with major projects and investment in the region
- Gained a deeper understanding of policy and projects relevant to the region and the growing hydrogen economy
- Increased awareness of factors to enable “hydrogen readiness”
- Engaged in conversation related to future skills, standards, workforce development.
Tuesday, August 2
Fort Scratchley, Newcastle
Dress code: Business Attire
6:00pm Arrival and Drinks
6:30pm Three Course Dinner and Keynote Speakers
Wednesday, August 3
Rydges Hotel, Newcastle
8:00am Arrival and Registration
Networking Drinks to Follow.
- Full Day Symposium Only: $595
- Full Day Symposium plus Industry Dinner: $860 – limited tickets available!
* Symposium Only tickets include morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, and the Wednesday evening Networking Drinks. All other catering is at the delegate’s own expense
* Tickets are non-refundable but delegates are transferable
* Tickets exclude any travel and accommodation
* Tickets for the industry dinner are limited and not available as a standalone purchase.
The Hunter Hydrogen Symposium will be a one day event covering five key themes. The event will showcase the projects underway, policy developments, research and innovation, and navigate the conversations for industry and community in the Hunter that will support the region’s growth. Full details on speakers will be released over the coming weeks, however the agenda for the symposium will be broken down as follows:
SESSION 1: The Opportunity for Hydrogen in the Hunter
- Hydrogen industry outlook and mega trends that are driving a hydrogen future
- Hydrogen policy updates
- National and State updates – strategy and initiatives
SESSION 2: Enabling Investment in Hydrogen in the Hunter
- The challenges and opportunities in financing hydrogen projects
- Funding opportunities and support to drive the industry forward
- Building trust and community engagement
SESSION 3: Hunter Hydrogen Projects Showcase
- Explore key hydrogen projects in the region
- Discussion and perspectives from Hunter youth leadership
Two streams will then be available for delegates to select from:
SESSION 4: Stream 1 – Creating Competitive Advantage through Innovation
- Enabling the ecosystem for innovation in the Hunter
- Hear from leading hydrogen solutions providers on pathways to scale
SESSION 4: Stream 2 – Research and Partnerships
- Learn about leading hydrogen research underway in the Hunter
- Understanding industry and research linkage activities
- Accelerating commercialisation and scale-up of hydrogen related innovation
Delegates will reconvene for the remaining sessions:
SESSION 5: Skills and Workforce Development
- Work underway developing skills for the hydrogen jobs of the future
- Demonstration and testing, and skills development frameworks are available for the region
- Education pathways in hydrogen technologies and renewable energy
- Knowledge sharing on standards and regulations.
There are a limited number of sponsorships available for the Symposium. Please download the Symposium Prospectus for full details or contact Merran Wiggins: firstname.lastname@example.org | 0414 599 636.