NSW Mining & Exploration Conference
Informa Australia is delighted to be holding the forthcoming 8th NSW Mining & Exploration Conference, which will be held on 8th – 9th of June 2022 at the Orange Ex-Services Club.
There is a growing demand for NSW high-quality metals and critical minerals, particularly for the development of Australia’s clean energy future. The NSW Government has vowed as part of the state’s 2021-22 budget almost $200 million for both mining & critical mineral exploration to ensure the stability and future of the industry. The recent announcement of Australia’s first Critical Minerals Hub is a strategy in place to promote exploration and attract investment for critical minerals resources.
The NSW Mining & Exploration Conference will reconnect the industry to explore the latest projects as well as discuss the current opportunities and challenges in the state. This conference is THE key meeting place for the NSW minerals industry.
Key themes to be covered in 2022 include:
- Current market outlook
- Government perspective
- Latest updates from the key operating mines in NSW
- Insights from leading exploration companies, and their latest initiatives
- Community & stakeholder engagement
- Recent challenges for the industry including, skills shortages, scarcity of drill rigs, and delays for laboratory assays & accommodation shortages
- Renewable energy & decarbonising operations for the future
- Forecasts for critical minerals