$4m in funding unlocked for next round of collaborative METS projects
The fourth round of the METS Ignited Collaborative Project Funds will focus on Analytics, Automation & Robotics
The METS Ignited Collaborative Project Funds are intended to drive collaboration between Australian METS companies, global suppliers, mine operators, research organisations and capital providers to support the improved productivity, competitiveness and innovative capacity of the Australian METS and mining sectors.
The fourth round of the METS Ignited Collaborative Project Funds will focus on Analytics, Automation & Robotics. Projects must be collaborative and industry-led with clear commercialisation applications that address opportunities in Analytics, Automation & Robotics applied to mining operations. Applications for this round of funding must focus on projects that originate in Australia, have global impact, and will deliver substantial benefits to the METS sector.
Projects previously supported by the METS Ignited Collaborative Project Funds include:
- Sensor technology to monitor the location of people and equipment underground;
- A device to give more detailed information on the chemistry inside the grinding mill while it is operating.
- AI technology designed to emulate the role of a grinding expert;
- Automated sensor detection for oversized rocks;
- A METS career pathway program.