We use the information gathered to enable your account and to enhance your online experience. Any and all the personal data collected on this website will be kept strictly confidential and secure.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information about an individual/s:
- contact information including address, telephone number/s, email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
This information is collected directly from you when you provide information by phone and email, register with us or place an order on our website. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- you may unsubscribe from the NSW ERKH mailing list at any time. You have the option to be removed when you create an account and can also set this option for your account online at any point afterwards. Alternatively you can email us.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you contact us. If you have any questions in relation to privacy or believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible and we will promptly clarify or rectify any appropriate details.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie". A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
The Privacy Act
In addition to NSW ERKH safeguards, your personal data is protected in Australia by the Privacy Act. This provides that the data we hold about you should only be processed lawfully and fairly. We may keep your personal data on file and use it to send you information about the status of your order, special offers relating to our products, as well as information about new products. NSW ERKH will not sell, rent or loan your personal information to others or trade your personal information to any third party without your consent other than to our delivery agents to which you have agreed to in our terms and conditions. In addition, we may be required to supply your personal information to any law enforcement agencies if so requested in the event of a suspected breach of the Law.
NSW Energy and Resources Knowledge Hub Commitment to Security
We are committed to protecting your privacy and ensure your online experience is secure when you use our site. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to Other Websites