NSW Decarb Hub
Co-hosted by UNSW Sydney and the University of Newcastle, and supported by leading universities across NSW, the NSW Decarbonisation Innovation Hub aims to foster collaboration, partnerships and projects between industry, research and government.
Established in June 2022 with funding from the NSW Government through the Office of the Chief Scientist & Engineer and The NSW Environmental Trust, the NSW Decarb Hub is a response to opportunities identified in:
The Decarb Hub:
- Supports the development, demonstration, deployment and commercialisation of technologies aiming to bridge the gap between research and viability.
- Targets commercially attractive solutions that are likely to be widely adopted (based on feasibility, potential economic productivity, jobs and growth) to create maximum impact.
- Promotes enterprise, investment and employment within NSW through grants, project funding, skills development and training.
Three Networks under the Hub
The Decarb Hub supports three Networks to accelerate and attract investment into decarbonisation tech and services projects in NSW.
The three networks under the Decarb Hub are:
- Land and Primary Industries Network - The sector contributes emissions, but offers significant near-term abatement opportunities based on existing and near-ready technologies and practices.
- Electrification and Energy Systems Network - Accelerating renewable energy solutions and addressing barriers to the uptake of electrification across the economy.
- Power Fuels including Hydrogen Network - Providing a platform in NSW for technological innovation and transformative industry solutions in P2X.