Local Jobs National Priority Fund open to facilitate new Net Zero employment opportunities
The Department of Employment and Workplace Relations has released a Request for Proposal (RFP) for the Local Jobs National Priority Fund 2023-2025.
The National Priority Fund, part of the Local Jobs program, is designed to help address structural and other barriers to employment faced by people in our communities and facilitate job creation.
Proposals ranging from $200,000 to $1 million (GST exclusive) are being sought through an open tender process. Projects must be completed by 30 June 2025.
The six priorities of the Fund are:
- Supporting more First Nations people in employment, education or training in areas where Employment Regions and Community Development Program meet;
- Supporting young people into the labour market through paid job placements in social enterprises;
- Supporting mature age people to participate in the workforce and connect to jobs;
- Supporting communities to become more resilient develop new employment opportunities as part of the transition to Net Zero;
- Supporting Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CaLD) women through tailored self-employment programs; and
- Redesigning jobs to better align with the skills and capabilities of people seeking work.