Manufacturing businesses encouraged to apply for grants to save on energy costs
Over $16 million manufacturing efficiency funding available to help businesses save energy and lower expenditure.
Any business with a manufacturing site in NSW can apply, as long as it:
- has an ABN and is registered for GST
- undertakes manufacturing activities (according to the Manufacturing Division of ANZSIC 2006) or cotton ginning.
The funding will help businesses:
- upgrade energy monitoring systems
- replace or retrofit old, inefficient equipment
- install new energy efficient equipment
- improve manufacturing processes.
If you’re successful, you’ll get up to $120,000 in matched funding per site, to implement a project that saves gas or electricity.
The first funding round opens 22 February 2019, and closes 5pm AEST 30 June 2019.
For more details regarding eligibility for the manufacturing efficiency funding, go here.
Attend a briefing session for more information
The NSW Government will be hosting briefing sessions across metropolitan and regional NSW in March and April 2019. Attending a session will help you understand the funding offers, get tips for a successful application and ask questions.
Sessions will be held in Parramatta, Newcastle, Wollongong, Wagga Wagga, Queanbeyan, Bathurst, Dubbo, Byron Bay, Ourimbah and Coffs Harbour.
If you can’t attend in person, there’s also an online webinar you can join.