National METS peak body signs MOU with Canadian Centre for Mining Innovation
The Centre for Excellence in Mining Innovation (CEMI) - Canada and METS Ignited Australia Ltd have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
The MOU is to promote a collaborative strategic approach to the commercialisation of mining innovations, which will benefit the mandates of both METS Ignited and CEMI. The MOU is a model for bilateral and multi-lateral collaboration between CEMI and METS Ignited, to accelerate the commercialisation of mining innovations into the global mining industry by METS organisations in Australia and Canada.
METS Ignited Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Mr Adrian Beer said "a relationship with Canada's CEMI, will allow a mechanism for made in Australia solutions to enter the Canadian and Global mining ecosystems". CEMI's President/CEMI Mr Douglas Morrison believes "this MOU allows for an intentional purpose-driven relationship between Canada and Australia's mining innovation ecosystems.
The objective of the MOU is to build the framework for facilitating the adoption of technologies emerging from Australia's and Canada's mining innovation ecosystems. This includes the following:
- Cross-promotion of each organisation as facilitators for commercialising innovation in their respective countries;
- Technologies that sustain and expand existing mines;
- Exploration technologies that find new major ore bodies;
- Alternative extraction and material transportation technologies
- Transportation and power generation technologies that enable early mine construction;
- Tailings and waste management technologies that improve environmental performance;
- Water management technologies and
- Smart Mining technologies including digitalisation of mining operations based on analytics, AI, automation and robotics.
To read more about The Centre for Excellence in Mining Innovation (CEMI) - Canada, go to their website here.
To read more about METS Ignited Australia, go to their website here.