Pilot scheme to help regional businesses with power infrastructure upgrades
Does your business need an electrical infrastructure upgrade to maximise growth? Help is available from the NSW Government.
Applications are open for the pilot NSW Regional Business Power Infrastructure Upgrade Program (RBPIUP) to help businesses to overcome electrical infrastructure impediments and boost growth. The pilot program is targeted at regional businesses with projects that have the potential to result in substantial job growth and that will benefit the local economy and other businesses in their area. To apply, businesses must:
- have a Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for GST
- be located in Regional NSW, which excludes metropolitan Sydney and suburbs, Newcastle and Wollongong
- employ at least three full-time or part-time employees, who can include owners
- have been trading for at least two years.
A key component of the RBPIUP is that companies must be able to demonstrate that:
- there is an electrical infrastructure impediment to growth
- the proposed infrastructure has the potential to benefit more than one business
- the project will result in job growth
- the business has provided evidence that an energy efficiency options(external link) review has been conducted or they have registered for the Introduction to Energy Management course through Office of Environment & Heritage.
Details are available on the website. For more information call 1300 679 673 or email firstname.lastname@example.org