Stream 1 of the $130 million Critical Minerals and High-Tech Metals Activation Fund recipients announced
To help position the State as a major global supplier and processor of critical minerals and high-tech metals, the NSW Government is investing $130 million in mining projects .
Deputy Premier and Minister responsible for Resources Paul Toole was in the State’s Far West over the weekend to announce 19 organisations would share in more than $8.6 million under Stream 1 of the $130 million Critical Minerals and High-Tech Metals Activation Fund.
“We’ve already made it easier for exploration companies to search for critical minerals and produce high-tech metals projects by removing the Mineral Allocation Areas as a key part of the NSW Government’s Critical Minerals and High-Tech Metals Strategy.
“Now, we’re turbocharging the industry by driving investment to deliver feasibility studies, field trials, and environmental studies to get more projects off the ground.
Stream 1 closed at 5pm, 4 October 2022. A total of 19 projects were funded under stream 1 of the Activation Fund with the NSW Government investing $8,685,438 in funding.
The successful projects from stream 1 are:
- Oversize Transportation Corridor Study by Sunrise Energy Metals Limited
- Environmental Studies for the Broken Hill Cobalt Project by Broken Hill Cobalt Project Pty Ltd
- Studies to advance the Nico Young Feasibility Study by Jervois Global Limited
- Ore Processing Studies for the New England Fold Belt Hub and Spoke Strategy by Thomson Resources Ltd
- Activating High-Tech Metals at Mineral Hill by Kingston Resources Limited
- Copi Mine Definitive Feasibility Study by RZ Resources Ltd
- South Cobar Project Pre-Feasibility Study by Peel Mining Limited
- Studying the Silver Deportment of the Wonawinta site by Manuka Resources
- New approaches to remote sensing and targeting spodumene mineral occurrences in pegmatites by SensOre Ltd
- Steerable coiled tube drilling for critical minerals exploration and resource definition by MinEx CRC
- Feasibility Study for the Constellation Project by Aeris Resources Limited
- Innovative Processing & Smelting of Low-grade Tin Mineralisation by Taronga Mines Pty Ltd
- Distributed Battery Recycling Front End Engineering Design by Future Battery Industries CRC
- Zero Emission Copper Mine of the Future by International Copper Association Australia
- NSW Centralised Heterogeneous Minerals Processing Facility by EcoTech Minerals Pty Ltd
- Central West Feasibility Study
- Critical Minerals and High-Tech Metals Recycling Demonstration Plant Feasibility Study by Renewable Metals Pty Ltd
- Heavy Rare Earth elements processing sheet for the Dubbo Project by Australian Strategic Materials
- Metallurgical feasibility of E22 UG Block Cave by CMOC Mining Services Pty Ltd
Further information about the successful projects and recipients will be made available on the Grants and Funding page.