Flesh out your idea at I2N's intensive two day impact potential workshop
This two-day professional development experience will familiarise you with practical tools and an action plan for turning ideas into impact.
Get ready to learn a new way of translating ideas into impact.
I2N’s Navigator workshop equips you with the skills and mindset to discover the massive potential of your research or idea.
Learn essential skills
- Develop and refine your impact story
- Articulate and iterate the unique value proposition of your idea
- Identify and validate the potential impact of your idea through the lens of end-users and customers
- Present your idea that's focused on the problem you are solving
Who should attend
- Emerging entrepreneurs
- Corporate intrapreneurs
- Honors, Postgraduate and PhD students
- Early and mid-career researchers
What you will experience
In this highly interactive 2-day workshop, expect to get hands-on with the various components of exploring the impact potential of your idea or research. You will participate in simulations and work on your own idea under the guidance of an expert facilitator. Gain strategies and access to tools for identifying and validating the impact of your idea, including:
- Leveraging the experience and skills of yourself and those around you
- Applying tools derived from lean startup, innovation and design thinking
- Understanding how to speak to customers to gain insights
- Progressing your idea towards relevance and value
- Effectively communicating the problem you are solving and the impact of your idea
Emily Chang has led the design and execution of pre-accelerator and acceleration programs in Australia, including CSIRO ON. She is an organisational and capability development professional with experience working across private industry, government and the research sector. Her core strengths are in facilitation, experimental learning program design and management, leadership development and change management.
$990 per person, payable prior to commencement of the workshop.
University of Newcastle staff, students and alumni receive complimentary access to the workshop.
Expressions of interest close: 11:59PM, Sunday 23 February 2020.
Offers made: by 5PM, Tuesday 25 February 2020.
The workshop runs 5 and 6 March 2020.
The workshop will take place at I2N Hub Hunter Street (376 Hunter St, Newcastle NSW) and starts at 8:30AM and ends at 5PM on both days.
Includes workshop materials, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
All participants receive a certificate of completion.
Each workshop has a limited number of participants to ensure a personal experience.
Applications are reviewed before offers are made to applicants who address essential criteria.
The University of Newcastle's I2N works with individuals and organisations from across the Hunter region and beyond to turn ideas and challenges into opportunity. As a leading driver of economic and business growth, the I2N cultivates an entrepreneurial mindset that is behind many of the region's most innovative businesses and leaders.