A2EP Training: Decarbonisation Technologies 101
A2EP are offering their one-day Decarbonisation Technologies 101 training which covers the fundamentals of energy productivity and decarbonisation technologies. Map the business case and explore practical approaches to implementation.
The question is no longer whether to decarbonise, but rather how to decarbonise; how to accelerate the transition to net zero. Many Australian businesses have committed to net zero carbon emissions by 2050 and/or interim targets. The rationale for decarbonisation might vary between organisations but the concepts, approaches and technologies are consistent.
This one-day program covers the fundamentals of energy productivity and decarbonisation technology. It maps the business case and explores practical approaches to implementation.
Who should attend?
The course is primarily designed for those new to the world of net zero, decarbonisation and energy productivity.
- junior engineering and environmental science graduates working with manufacturing, equipment supply and energy advisory/consulting firms
- government officials who work with energy and decarbonisation seeking to get a deeper understanding of how business is working with decarbonisation
- accountants, marketing, communications and other professionals wishing to understand the challenges, opportunities and solutions of decarbonisation
What you can expect
- Networking for strength - a community of peers
- Why decarbonise? The context for net zero.
- Unpack key terms, acronyms and concepts.
- Measurement: How to track and report change
- Identify opportunities. We have the technology.
- Incentives to decarbonise: Financial, productivity. Assistance: Grants, loans, certificates.
- Pitching decarbonisation projects: Using non-energy benefits in the business case
After the course you will:
- Know the key parts in assessing an emissions footprint
- Know options for monitoring and reporting systems
- Have an awareness of the technologies that can be deployed for decarbonising electricity and gas usage
- Know how to account for a wide range of benefits: Decarbonisation plus
- Be able to build and communicate a business case for investment
Each class is limited to 16 participants. The training will be presented in person.
Sydney: Thursday 24 November, University of Technology Sydney, Ultimo
Melbourne: Tuesday 22 November, Monash University Conference Centre, Melbourne CBD (click here to register for the Melbourne course)
Employees of A2EP Member organisations are eligible for a discount.
- A2EP member $1188 (including GST)
- Non-members $1320 (including GST)