Aus-China Decarbonisation Roundtable: Steel, Hydrogen, and Battery Minerals
ACBC WA and ANU are pleased to present the Australia-China Decarbonisation Roundtable: Green steel, hydrogen and battery minerals
ACBC and ANU are pleased to present this thought-provoking roundtable that will explore existing and future collaboration between Australia and China on decarbonisation. Attendees will hear from leading industry and academic experts whose discussion will focus on Green Steel, Green Hydrogen and Battery Minerals.
This is the second in a series of roundtable events on Australia-China links on low-carbon technology transitions, sponsored by the National Foundation for Australia-China Relations.
Australia and China’s low-carbon transitions are deeply linked through their energy systems and value chains. Low-carbon transitions open opportunities to establish new energy, resource and processing industries in Australia, on the basis of natural resource endowments and industrial capabilities. It is therefore critical for many Australian businesses, governments and other stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of China’s low-carbon transition.
Join our curated panel of experts to discuss existing and potential collaboration between Australia and China in Green Steel, Green Hydrogen and Battery Minerals.
Please note that this event will be live-streamed, however no recording will be available afterwards.
This event is the second of a series of ANU organized events on Australia-China links on low-carbon technology transitions, sponsored by the National Foundation for Australia-China Relations. To receive future briefings and notices on future events in this series, sign up by sending an email to email@example.com.
This workshop is convened by ANU Crawford School of Public Policy in association with ANU Centre for China in the World and Grand Challenge Zero Carbon Energy for the Asia-Pacific.
This event consists of two sessions:
More panelists and keynote speaker to be announced
Session 1: Green Steel
1:00pm – 2:30pm AWST / 3:00pm - 4:30pm AEST
- Biying Yu – Professor and deputy director, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research, Beijing Institute of Technology
- Christopher Stanley McMahen – Group Manager Technical Marketing, Fortescue Metals Group
- Siqi Wang - Senior Manager, Global Marketing, Sinosteel Engineering & Technology Co., Ltd.
- David Leigh – General Manager Steel Decarbonisation, Rio Tinto
- John Pye – Associate Professor, College of Engineering & Computer Science, ANU
- Session moderator: Frank Jotzo – Professor, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU
Session 2: Green Hydrogen & Battery Minerals
3:00pm – 4:30pm AWST / 5:00pm - 6:30pm AEST
- Yuki Yu - Founder and head researcher, Energy Iceberg
- Yasmin Liu - Executive Vice President (Chief Strategic Integration Officer) of Tianqi Lithium Corporation China (TLC) and the President and CEO of Tianqi Lithium Energy Australia Pty Ltd. (TLEA)
- Craig Buckley - John Curtin Distinguished Professor in Physics, Curtin University
- Wenting Cheng - Research Fellow, College of Law, ANU
- Session moderator: David Cullen - Chair of Energy sub-committee, ACBC WA