Australian Renewable Energy Zones Conference
Informa Australia is delighted to be holding the forthcoming Australian Renewable Energy Zones Conference, which will be held on the 19-20 May 2021 at the Swissotel Sydney
The renewable energy industry is moving forward at a rapid pace providing opportunities for companies and communities. This event is perfectly timed to bring key stakeholders together to discuss the latest developments and initiatives in the recently announced Renewable Energy Zones (REZ).
In order to ensure reliable and affordable energy supply for energy consumers, State Governments are planning to invest in the creation of a growing number of REZ to help unlock a significant pipeline of large-scale renewable energy and storage projects while supporting private sector investment in regional Australia. Renewable energy investment will help replace ageing coal-fired power stations, transforming the region and bringing investment into the local community.
By coordinating development in a strategic way, renewables energy zones also help us get the land use planning right, and renewables built in places that work for the community, developers and cost efficiency.
Key topics Include:
- The need for REZ and potential impact and opportunity for regional Australia
- The role REZ can play in regional area’s clean recovery from COVID-19
- A look at state & local initiatives, policy and future plans for potentially 35 new zones
- Development & investment opportunities and considerations
- Transmission – Overcoming the barriers to achieve success….there’s no one size fits all approach
- Stimulating regional investment, job growth, innovative infrastructure and creating thriving communities
- Community engagement and social license
- Stakeholder representation and strategies to ensure local content and jobs for the regions we operate in
- The role of transparency, collaboration, alliances and clear communication to achieve success
- Case Studies – Updates from renewable developers on their operational assets and proposed projects
- Technology outlook