Bulk Materials Handling Workshop
A one-day workshop which will provide delegates with an overview of current state-of-the-art materials handling techniques and their application to industry.
Tuesday 10th March 2020, 8.30-4.30pm
The storage, handling and transportation of bulk solid materials are major activities for a vast number and variety of industries throughout the world. These range from the gentle handling of very small quantities of material in the pharmaceutical and chemical industries to the vast quantities handled and processed by the mining and mineral companies. This diversity is particularly evident in Australia where the wide-ranging nature and scale of operations is somewhat unique.
Considerable advances continue to be made in research, development, application and implementation of the technologies associated with various aspects of bulk solids handling.
TUNRA Bulk Solids are pleased to present a one-day workshop which will provide delegates with an overview of current state-of-the-art materials handling techniques and their application to industry.
Who should attend?
This workshop is suitable for any professional looking to expand their knowledge in the materials handling space, from experienced individuals in senior positions looking to enhance their expertise, through to junior and graduates looking to tailor their engineering skill set. Industries that will benefit from the workshop include: mining and mineral processing, power generation, energy and environment, chemical, agricultural and food processing, manufacturing and pharmaceutical.
- Flow property testing and understanding of material behaviour under varying conditions
- Transfer chute design principles and advanced simulation techniques including Discrete Element Modelling
- Understanding the types of flow and appropriate design of bins and hoppers
- Belt conveyor design and latest testing available for the correct selection of conveyor belts and idlers
- Environmental testing for the design of dust-free operations
For further information regarding the one-day workshop please contact:
or phone TUNRA Bulk Solids 02 4033 9055.