Confined Space 1 Day (Entry/Worker)
This course provides you with the skills and knowledge to safely enter a confined space under supervision.
Who should attend?
Individuals who may be required to enter, work and exit from a confined space.
What you will learn
- Legislation and safe work procedures
- How to identity workplace hazards, risks and advise others
- Implement and monitor risk control procedures
- Hazardous substances and atmospheres
- Working in accordance with an issued permit
- The operation of confined space equipment
- Working in a confined space
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be awarded a Statement of Attainment for the following units:
- MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
- MSMWHS201 Conduct hazard analysis
- RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces
This course is delivered through classroom-based training, desktop scenarios and practical exercises.
Assessment includes written, oral and practical tests.
- There are no formal pre-requisites for this course.
- You must be able to wear a harness for a vertical confined space entry.
- This course is based on a Certificate III level qualification. You should have appropriate literacy and numeracy skills to manage course work, activities and assessments.
- Mines Rescue recommends you be aware of the policies and procedures of your workplace before starting the course.