Energy Change Essentials - Professional Short Course
This Energy Change Essentials short course is tailored for professionals across government and industry who are interested in the energy transition and who seek a comprehensive overview of the latest trends in energy technology, economics and policy.
Australia is in the middle of a major energy transformation – we are leading the world in the per capita installation rate for solar and wind energy, and new technologies for energy generation and energy storage continue to revolutionise the electricity sector.
The course is run by the ANU Institute for Climate, Energy & Disaster Solutions (ICEDS) and brings together leading researchers from across the University to share latest research and discuss solutions.
The aim of Energy Change Essentials is to provide decision-makers in government, industry, non-government and community sectors with access to the latest ANU research and expertise on the energy transition.
Please note that this program is subject to change.
- Welcome and Introduction - Professor Frank Jotzo, ANU Institute for Climate, Energy & Disaster Solutions
- Energy transition, trends, options and policy - Professor Frank Jotzo, ANU Institute for Climate, Energy & Disaster Solutions
- The Social Transition - Professor Sara Bice, ANU Crawford School of Public Policy
- Innovation and industry policy - Dr Jorrit Gosens, ANU Crawford School of Public Policy
- Renewable energy generation - Professor Kylie Catchpole, ANU College of Engineering, Computing and Cybernetics
- Grid integration and storage - Associate Professor Marnie Shaw, ANU Research School of Engineering
- Communities and regions in the energy transition - Dr Rebecca Colvin, ANU Crawford School of Public Policy
An updated version of the program and lecturers will be made available shortly. Information about course logistics will be provided to registrants 1 week before the course begins.
Registrations for this course are via Humanitix (with 100% of Humantix profits going to education charities).
- The course is delivered online, in real time. The staggered structure is designed to maximise engagement and is based on current research relating to online course design.
- The course covers six broad topics over three mornings; two sessions per day, each session punctuated by a short break and group discussions.
- Participation will be via the Zoom video conferencing tool, allowing direct interaction and discussion with lecturers and other course participants.
- Course timings between 9:30am – 1.00pm each day.
Who should attend?
The course is most relevant to policymakers and practitioners in Australia and across the Asia-Pacific region. Participants from a range of backgrounds will benefit from the diversity of disciplines covered: this is an essential feature of the course, as the energy transformation will impact all sectors of our economy and society.
- Full price - $1495 per person (GST inc.).
- Early bird discounted price - $1350 per person (GST inc.) for registrations until 3 October 2023.
- Group price - $1350 per person (GST inc.) for single bulk bookings of 3 or more participants from the same organisation. Available until 13 October 2023.
- This course will take place subject to demand. Registrants will receive a full refund in the unlikely event that the course is cancelled. Places are limited and registrations are on a 'first come - first served' basis. Registrations close 13 October 2023. For more refund details, see the Refund Policy.