Energy in Germany and Europe - 2022 and beyond
What is the outlook for energy in Europe and what, if anything, can Australia learn from Europe's recent experience?
The European summer of 2022 and winter of 2022-23 was a time of major upheaval in the European energy market, with disruptions including:
- the war in Ukraine and resulting sanctions leading to restrictions on Russian gas
- drought and equipment issues causing significant outages in French nuclear reactors
- policies around reduction of GHG emissions in Germany and other countries changing the generation profile in those countries.
This event continues a series of meetings which commenced in 1991 organised in turn by one of four societies, (hence the series title Four Societies Meetings) as follows:
- Australian Institute of Energy (AIE) Sydney Branch - Australian Nuclear Association Inc
- Australian Nuclear Panel of Engineers Australia (Sydney Division).
- Royal Society of NSW.
The talk is being organised by AIE Sydney this year.
- 5.30 - 6.00 pm AEDT - Refreshments and networking
- 6.00 - 7.00 pm AEDT - Presentation and discussion with Q&A session
- 7.00 - 8.00 pm AEDT - Refreshments and further networking
Who should attend: Anyone interested in this space.
About the presenter
Senior Manager and Head of the German Secretariat for Energy Cooperation with Australia and New Zealand
Franziska Teichmann is a senior manager at adelphi and is head of the German Secretariat for the Energy Cooperation with Australia and New Zealand. She leads a team that is supporting the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWK) in all aspects of energy cooperation with both countries. She is implementing the Australia-Germany Energy Partnership and the New Zealand-Germany Energy Dialogue and acts as a focal point for stakeholders. She advises on strategic decisions, organises dialogue, writes studies and briefing papers, networks with stakeholders and supports the strengthening of economic ties. She cooperates closely with the German-Australian Chamber of Industry and Commerce, the German-New Zealand Chamber of Commerce and many others.