HATCH 2023 :: Your lean canvas
HATCH 2023 is the UNE SMART Region Incubator’s free program, providing tailored support and everything you need to know to grow your brilliant idea into a viable start-up business.
Over a 6-workshop program, HATCH 2023 participants will use Lean Canvas principles to move through ideation to commercialisation and give you the confidence to get your business, product or service off and running.
- Your individual business idea will be tested
- The path to market identified
- Points of difference amongst your competitors articulated
- Mentoring and community network connections made
Who the program is for?
HATCH 2023 is for anyone with an idea and curious about how to get it to market. Maybe you are:
- A small business owner interested in strategic development or digital innovation
- A school student with a startup idea
- A parent wanting to work on a project together with your teenager
- An academic interested in commercialisation of your research
- A member of our community wanting to upskill or change careers
Is there a cost?
No. It is free for you! HATCH 2023 is funded by the NSW Government under the Bushfire Local Economic Recovery Fund and delivered in association with Armidale Regional Council.
What’s in it for you?
HATCH 2023 will take participants from ideation to commercialisation, potentially getting a product to market within 6 weeks. Participants will take from the program:
- 6 learning sessions
- Mentoring from startup Founder and entrepreneurship educator, Crystal McGregor
- Connections into the startup network
- Completion of the Lean Canvas framework
- Tools to help build a successful startup
- Confidence to pitch your idea to customers and investors
When are the HATCH 2023 sessions?
The HATCH 2023 program will be held on the following dates:
- Your Lean Canvas - Tuesday 21st February 2023
- Overview of the UNE SRI community & the HATCH 2023 Program
- How to get the most out of HATCH 2023
- Introduction to the lean canvas methodology and distribute free workbooks
- Discussion on where participants are at with their ideas
- Tools to help get through the rollercoaster of startup/business ownership
- Founders can book a 1:1 with Crystal McGregor HERE
- Customers and their problems - Tuesday 14th March 2023
- Your solution + unique value proposition + channels to market - Tuesday 28th March 2023
- Financials + Metrics - Tuesday 18th April 2023
- Unfair Advantage + Pitch Practice - Tuesday 9th May 2023
- Pitch Event - Tuesday 6th June 2023