How to start a Business
So you have decided to start a small business. We have everything you need to help you to turn your ‘big idea’ into reality.
You have decided to start a small business. We have everything you need to help you to turn your ‘big idea’ into reality. This workshop will help you to define what you want to accomplish and how you are going to accomplish it.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
• Explore your idea and how commercialise it
• Create a successful business plan.
• Marketing, website and digital strategies
• Determine your business structure
• What type of record keeping you will need
• What is intellectual property
• Know your ATO obligations (ie ABN number, GST or not etc)
• Legal obligations – Ie public liability insurance.
• Do you have competition and who are they.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• You must be registered with the Business Connect program.
• You should be logged in and registered for the Webinar MS Teams meeting at least 5 minutes prior.
• Have a pen & paper ready to write down your questions, as well as a bottle of water.
• Online video recordings and resources will be available for those who attend and who are Business Connect customers.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
This webinar is aimed at small businesses throughout NSW who have just started or have an established business and we have the capacity to host up to 50 people.
The webinar will take place on MS Teams, click below to book. You will receive the MS Teams link in an email prior to the workshop (check your spam folder as they often go there).
This will be a live online event which will be recorded. The recording and resources will be sent to attendee’s in due course.
Business Connect is a dedicated and personalised NSW Government program that provides trusted advice to help you start, run, adapt or grow your small business.
Attending this event will consolidate your thinking about starting a business in NSW. You'll then be eligible to book an advisory session to test your business idea.