Hydrogen Energy Webinar Series – Session 2: The ‘How To’
The H2AUS: Online Forum Series aims to provide a platform to discuss the development and potential for a new industry in hydrogen, building on Australia’s geographical advantages, export capabilities and strong relationships with key local and international energy markets, as well as creating a platform to view and share best practice techniques from around the world.
AIEN invite you to register today for one or all sessions of this online event. If you can’t make a session, they encourage you to register as normal and receive access to the recording after the live event.
Session 2 (2 August): The ‘How To’
- Case studies of several of these high temperature and ambient temperature processes developed to produce a synthesis gas mix that contains hydrogen
Dr Robert White, Technical Insight
This paper will present a few processes that originally utilised fossil fuels as feed stock, but have recently been shown to also operate with biomass as feed stock. Brief case studies of several of these high temperature and ambient temperature processes developed to produce a synthesis gas mix that contains hydrogen will be presented.
- Green Hydrogen from Waste in a Circular Economy: Producing low-cost hydrogen with a negative CO2 footprint from minimally prepared waste or biomass
Marc Bacon, OMNI (Canada)
Marc will describe how MSW, RDF, biomass, and other solid wastes can be converted to a clean syngas, then to hydrogen, using proven industrial processes. This will reliably produce carbon with a negative CO¬2e at less than half the cost of electrolysis.
- Australian Green Hydrogen Production for Local Use and Export
A/Professor Ahmad Zahedi, Renewable Energy Engineering Consultancy
The objective of this presentation is to present the results of an investigation conducted in relation to viability of a renewable Green Hydrogen generation plant within Australia that can supply the local market and export abroad.
Click here to view the program online and for more information about the series
- Session 3 (9 Aug): Infrastructure
- Session 4 (16 Aug): Hydrogen in a Circular Economy
- Session 5 (23 Aug): Case Studies
Click here to download the webinar series program in PDF format