Introduction to Quarrying
The Introduction to Quarrying workshop has been designed to provide participants with an introduction to the quarrying industry, including quarrying processes, products, people and positions.
Quarrying is simply the extraction of natural resources like rocks, sand and gravel to help create almost every structure in the built environment.
Quarries produce a range of useful materials. In Australia, the most common materials extracted are construction aggregates such as crushed rock, sand or gravel. These abundant, yet essential raw materials, are the foundation of our homes, schools, hospitals, roads and almost all aspects of the built environment that we depend on.
This essential workshop is designed to provide participants with an introduction to all things quarrying, including quarrying processes, products, people and positions. It is an ideal starter for anyone working in the quarrying industry or those interested in finding out about the quarrying industry.
Topics to be covered include:
- The quarry life cycle
- Quarry products
- Quarry processes, plant and equipment
- Industry terminology
- The end use of quarries
- Understand what a quarry is, and the different types of quarries
- Understand the products produced by quarries, and how they are used
- Understand quarrying processes and the equipment used
- Understand the organisation and management of a typical quarry, including job roles and qualifications required
- Understand the basic regulatory framework and the process for establishing quarries
- Understand community impact and influence
Who should attend
The course is particularly relevant to:
- new employees in the industry or other related industries
- quarry support roles such as administration, human resources, marketing, etc.
- technical staff, sales staff and suppliers
- anyone who would like to learn more about the quarry industry