Introduction to Quarry Safety Management Systems
The Introduction to Quarry Safety Management Systems online webinar hosted by the Institute of Quarrying Australia has been designed to provide participants with an introduction to safety and health management systems (SHMS) for small quarries.
Introduction to Quarry Safety Management Systems Online Webinar will cover:
- General WHS and duty of care requirements under legislation
- Overview of state specific mining and WHS legislation
- Key components of effective systems for managing health and safety in a small operation
- Benefits of managing safety in a systematic way
- Strategies for practical implementation
Who should attend:
The course is targeted at quarry owners, managers, supervisors and other safety support staff.
Introduction to Quarry Safety Management Systems Online Webinar learning objectives:
- Understand the legislative requirements for managing health and safety risks
- Understand the key components of safety and health management systems
- Understand how to develop a SHMS for a small operation
- Explore practical strategies for implementation of the SHMS
Continuing Professional Development Hours (CPD Hours)
1 hour – Risk Management.
A completion certificate will be issued once finished.