Lean Industry 4.0
A free workshop as part of the Central Coast Industry Festival
Industry 4.0 is the current industrial revolution being driven by the adoption of advanced digital technologies including the internet of things (IoT), artificial intelligence, advanced robotics and additive manufacturing. This technology is coming to your business. Are you ready to make the most of it or will it just mean more of the same with a more colourful touch screen?
Lean manufacturing is the world’s most successful and widely adopted management system. Developed by Toyota, Lean has been adopted by millions of businesses globally in almost every business sector. This presentation will discuss the essential role that both Lean and Industry 4.0 have in the success of your businesses and how you can apply these approaches together to deliver the maximum value for your customers.
- ·What is Lean and what is Industry 4.0 and how the two approaches can be applied in a complementary way.
- ·How Industry 4.0 is coming to your business and why you must be prepared if you are to make the most of the opportunities it brings.
- ·How new technology interacts with business processes and culture in a manufacturing businesses and the need to address all three aspects of operations.
- ·How a technology enabled Lean value stream can enable businesses to localise manufacturing and create competitive advantage.
- ·How Lean thinking can be used to identify new business models and enhanced customer value.
These points will be illustrated with practical examples of how companies are bringing Industry 4.0 and Lean thinking together to achieve industry transformation.
This workshop is free and tea and coffee will be provided. Covid safe practices will be in place.