The Australian Financial Review National Energy Summit
the National Energy Summit serves as an important platform for policy debate surrounding Australia’s energy crisis.
The Australian Financial Review is pleased to present the third annual National Energy Summit on 9-10 October 2019 at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth.
Bringing together over 300 key industry stakeholders – political leaders, regulators, energy producers, disrupters, and users – this comprehensive, two-day event is a critical platform for the nation’s highest-level discussions of Australia’s energy challenges and opportunities.
Join the discussion to determine a stable policy framework for providing more investment certainty, reducing carbon emissions, securing reliable power supply, and lowering prices.
Key topics will include:
- Beyond policy uncertainty – Shaping a competitive and affordable energy market in Australia
- Redefining the role of government and industry in the quest for a low carbon future
- Understanding and engaging customers and communities
- What role should the regulators play in a new energy market?
- Ensuring sufficient gas supply to the domestic market without market distortions
- Future energy mix – the outlook for renewable energy in Australia and what does a renewable future mean for system reliability?
- The role of hydrogen in a carbon-constrained global economy and the opportunities for Australia
- What role does the grid play in the development of new generation resources – and how will it do this?
- Thinking about solutions – Innovative end-users initiatives
- Capital investment and new financing models — What are the major concerns for investors looking to fund Australian generation assets?