The Path to a Circular Economy
Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre (AMGC) in collaboration with RDA Southern Inland (RDASI), Regional Development Australia ACT (RDA ACT) and the Canberra Region Joint Organisation (CRJO) are delighted to host The Path to a Circular Economy forum for 2020.
About this Event
Supported by NSW Circular, this event will introduce the benefits of a circular economy locally, across NSW and the rest of Australia as society aims to be more sustainable. Panellists will share examples of their innovative work in waste and the re-use of materials and how this has economic and social benefits.
Michael Sharpe, National Director, Industry, Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre.
NSW Circular Director, UNSW Professor Veena Sahajwalla, is one of Australia’s leading engineers – officially honoured by Engineers Australia in 2019 as a Centenary Hero for her work ‘changing the lives of Australians for the better’. In 2018, she was elected as Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science.
Veena is known for her time on ABC TV with the New Inventors and the War on Waste. She is the founding Director of NSW Circular and Director of the Centre for Sustainable Materials Research and Technology at UNSW, which operates microfactories for plastics and glass recycling.
Panel speakers include:
- Steven Richards, Managing Director, Industry Waste Recovery
- Henry Gundry, Manager, Woodlawn Bio Reactor
- Olympia Yargar, Founder and CEO of Goterra
- Michael Claessens, Regional Development Australia ACT
- Graham Knowles, iQrenew
- Geoff Pryor, Southern Region Business Enterprise Centre
- Mario Dimovski, Managing Director, PlastFix
- Ian Hudson, Executive Director Industry Capability Network
11:00am Welcome tea & coffee