Your brand is your identity. It’s how your customers know who you are – your business name, logo or catchy slogan. The more successful your business, the more valuable your brand becomes so it’s worth protecting.
A registered business name won’t stop your competitors from copying your brand. Only a trademark gives you the legal right to stop others from using it. Protecting your brand can be one of the best investments you can make but is it the right decision for your business? In this workshop we explain the basics of trademark protection, what can and can’t be trademarked and what to consider before you invest in your brand.
You will learn:
• The difference between business names, domain names and trademarks
• What to consider before you invest in your brand
• How to choose which goods and services to apply for
• Why and how to search the trade marks database first
At the completion of the session you will leave with:
• An understanding of trademarks and how they are an asset to your business
• When to invest in your brand and register for a trade mark
• Knowledge of how to apply for a trade mark, what examiners look for in your application and the associated costs
A one-to-one follow up meeting is available to assist you further and embed the ideas/principles of the session. Please book with your local business advisor at the session.
This workshop is free for NSW businesses to attend through BusinessConnect. BusinessConnect and Workshop REGISTRATIONS ARE ESSENTIAL.
Business Connect is a dedicated and personalised NSW Government program that provides trusted advice to help you start or grow your small business.