Austmine Innovation Roadshow Newcastle
Austmine welcomed over 200 members, mining colleagues and industry stakeholders to their Mining Innovation Roadshow in Newcastle.
With the theme of ‘Harnessing Intelligence: Driving Social Value Through Technology’, Austmine’s Mining Innovation Roadshow in Newcastle was held in April, examining a range of topics critical to the sector in the region. Sponsored by the NSW Energy and Resources Knowledge Hub (ERKH), the roadshow was an opportunity for the mining community in the region to build relationships and share ideas about the future of our industry
As a focus of the day, the transition and diversification of Newcastle METS organisations in industries including renewable energy, Hydrogen and electrification were discussed. Industry speakers spoke on topics including strategies to combat skills shortages, next generation mining, Environmental, Social and Governance Issues (ESG), new business models, as well as the role of technology, innovation and automation in the sector. Additionally, the day included a number of Panel and Roundtable discussions including:
- Decarbonising the Mining Value Chain
- Developing Truly Open Innovation
- Making Technology Accessible to all Mines
- Diversification of Hunter Energy Industry for Future Growth
- Aligning Digital & Technology Across Commodities & Operations
- Taking Mining & METS Skills Strategies Forward
- Leveraging People and Technology in the Future Mining Business
- From Threats to New Frontiers - Co-Developing our Future
A full program of the day can be accessed here.